Thursday, February 25, 2016

Metal Album

This was a lot of fun to make.  The front and back covers are metal.  They were suppose to be hung on the wall but I had better things in mind for them.  The binding is leather straps and the pages were all created out of a single 12 x 12 sheet of paper folded to make a pocket on front and back and in the middle of the page.  Extra paper was used to create the tag inserts.  Each page has 3 inserts.  I wont post all the photos just enough to get the idea of what I did.  Double sided paper works best for this type of page.


Sold for $45.00

Dog Mini Album

    I have completed my dog mini albums.  I made one for me and one for a customer.  I made them very similar to each other and took pictures of both albums together. 

I just realized I didn't take a final picture of the one I made for my customer.  I added the dogs names to the front.  I have to see if I can get her to send me a picture of it.  My album is titled Turkey and Tilly.  The other one is for Sam and Diesel. 

I've already added photos to mine.  Any questions you have, leave them at the bottom, I'd be happy to answer. 

Monday, February 22, 2016

My Latest Project Completed

   I was given a two drawer file cabinet and knew I could do something fun with it.  I found a project on Pinterest ( HERE ) that I could work off and got started.  Here are the before and after shots.

  My project is slightly different from the one I copied.  My file cabinet measured 3' x 19 1/4".  I Sanded the entire thing and used Valsapar Premium Finish, Gloss, Tropical Oasis. It took several coats to get the finish I wanted. I took the handles out and sprayed them (separate) the same color. The top is a 3/4" birch veneer, with trim my husband helped me cut and nail with his power tools.  I stained the top with Minwax stain clothes (read directions carefully) walnut color. There are cleats to hold the top in place we just glued those in place, it is not attached to the file cabinet.  I wanted to be able to move it around without the top.  I then lacquered the top (4 coats).  For the bottom, with the help of my husband, I created a tray/cart for the file cabinet to sit in.  It is 3/4"ply with a 1" trim piece attached to it.  I cut the ply a 1/4" bigger on two sides so the cabinet could fit with a bit of play on each side. I painted that the same color. and attached 4 wheels (2 lock) to it. The bottom cart is not attached to the file cabinet either. 

I really like the way this turned out.
If you have any questions leave them below and I'll do my best to answer them.