Thursday, April 19, 2012

Frilly Flower



Here is another example of a flower made from ribbon.  I bought this ribbon from Jo-Ann's and was intending to use it to do a display for a friend who's daughter is in ballet.  She never gave me the pictures so I ended up with a half yard of this pretty ribbon and nothing to make with it.  I have had it for over a year hoping to have a purpose for it.  When I came across some flowers made out of ribbon on "Pintrest" I took out all my old ribbon and started making these.  I spend a lot of money on embellishments for my scrapbook pages.  With this new (to me) idea I am able to save a little money on things like this for my scrapbook pages.  It gives me satisfaction to know that I made the "ENTIRE" page myself.  Here are the items I used to make this.


Ribbon, Tacky Glue, 1" hole punch, large needle, Pop Dots, gold button, card stock and yellow string.

I threaded the ribbon and tied it into a circle.  I punched a circle out of the card stock and glued it to the back of the flower.  I glued four pop dots to the back of the button and glued it in the middle of the flower onto the card stock.  Yes it was that simple.  It didn't take much time at all. Using the large needle because the string was thick helped string this together.  I didn't use thread in fear of it breaking when I tied it together.  I imagine you could double thread the needle and have the same result.

1 comment: