Friday, April 27, 2012

The Domino Effect

Gonna start a new project with dominoes.  I am just getting started with this but I thought  I would post  the first step.  I thought the colors were so striking.


Now I just need to figure out what I am going to do with them.....

I figured out what to do with a few of the dominoes and I am still thinking about the others.  They are still in the drying faze so I will show you how they look now and then post when they are completely dry.  So far I think they look pretty cool.  Tell me what you think and give me some ideas.



The flowers were bright so I inked them with the alcohol ink (mushroom) to darken them up to look a bit more aged.  As you can see it is still cloudy.  Can't wait to see it dry and clear.


This one I took tissue paper that you would put in a gift bag, and used spray glue (repositionable) on a piece of card stock smoothed it out and ran it through my printer.  I cut out the image and deco paged it on a domino used an eyelet (fishing hook) cutting off the eyelet part gluing it with the "Glossy Accents".  I found a tiny sticker of a dragonfly used the mushroom alcohol in on him and put him in place.  I then put "Glossy Accents" all over the top.  This too is a bit cloudy but I think I like it.  The alcohol ink really only darkened up the wings which were a stark white.  I think because it was a glossy sticker it didn't absorb.  The wings took just enough ink so they were not so stark.


This was made with buttons from a pack I bought from Jo-Ann's.  I cut off the shank with my wire cutters and used the "Glossy Accents" to glue them in place and went over the whole thing with it.


I have not glued anything in place on this one, I am still playing with it.  Not sure what I am gonna do.


This one too.  I don't know what I am gonna do.
More to come.





4 comments:

  1. Great job. I love the River Runt one. You are so clever to use tissue paper. It didn't tear when you pulled it off the paper ...or did you pull it off the paper? These are so cute. Now you have to get the dremel out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I pulled it off the paper. I wasn't real clear on the instructions. I placed the tissue paper on the card stock and smoothed the tissue paper out as much as possible. It still had wrinkles but it added another dimension to the outcome.I peeled the tissue paper off the card stock and so on... The image was one from the disc you gave me. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really great!!! Love you album too (next post).... What a pity I don't have domino at home :)))))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lucille, I am currently working on another paperbag mini album but I am waiting for better weather to take the pictures. Come back soon and check it out.

      Delete