Sunday, December 9, 2012

Art Journal entries

I have been busy doing backgrounds for my art journal but it seems that's about as far as I get.  The backgrounds easy but then I get stuck with what to do next.  Some backgrounds I hate to cover up so they just sit there.  I have been drawing  here and there as well.  I started coloring in my pencil drawings and my husband was quite impressed with me.  He has always said our kids  got their artistic ability from him.  I had to remind him that my father was quite artistic himself. 


I had some ideas that I wanted to illistrate about "making a splash" but my printer wasn't working so I decided to draw (kinda) what I was thinking.  That sat for some time just like it is in the photo.  I was thinking of coloring it with my water color pencils, but I don't have a wide variety of colors, so I went through my kids stock pile of colored pencils from their old school supplies.  I think I have about 5 pounds of pencils.  I have three kids, and each year they had to have colored pencils.  Every time I said use the ones from the past year they supprisingly couldn't find them.  Well I found ALL of them.  That's three kids times four years each of new pencils, that is a lot of pencils.  Any way I went back through one bag and came up with a wide range of colors and colored the above picture.  Now my son wants to take the pencils I so carefully selected and re-sharpened, and color some of his drawings.  I think I need to hide them.


Here is the end result.

The next few photos are random drawings and backgrounds I worked on.


The lower right hand corner is where I first drew my "make a splash" drawing on a small scale.





I know the drawings need color and I will eventually get to it but I wanted to post them incase I mess them up before I get to coloring them.


These backgrounds were done using spray inks, stencils, stamps, black and white gesso. I outlined some of the images with a white and black pen.


This last image isn't mine.  My son was doodling in church.  He is quite talented, just look at that Christmas tree, lol.


5 comments:

  1. I LOVE your "make a splash" picture. Your artwork is getting better and better. You did a wonderful job with the shading and highlighting. I do the same thing....draw something before I actually draw it. So funny. Great Job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. BTW, what color did you use to stamp the water droplets. Love that too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used StazOn Azure (blue). I thought about using black but since most everything else was done in a shade of blue I thought I'd stamp them in blue. I thought it might look more like water on the page. I accidentally stamped some upside down. I didn't highlight them with the white pen cause I thought I may end up covering them up with something.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks like you did highlight some of them. They look really good. I love that stamp. I also love the blue jean girl you drew. She's got some hips on her. Very curvy woman.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for sharing your pages.
    I have done an art journal...but not a traditional art journal, in my opinion.
    I am planning on working on one in the new year...I need all the help I can get :)

    ReplyDelete