Thursday, December 13, 2012

Playing with my Cuttlebug

I watched a video for "Stamp2Cut" by Tim Holtz and was intrigued by the way you can cut out stamped images.  It looked somewhat complicated though, not to mention I already have a Cricut machine that I barely use.  I was shopping on-line (dangerous for me) and came across something that was similar to the "Stamp2Cut".   It is made for the Sizzix machine but I don't have that either, so I use my Cuttlebug and it works just fine. 


Here is the set I purchased.  It was not complicated at all to use.  When I watched the video on the Stamp2Cut I thought it looked like a lot of work.  This process may not be as intricate but the result was still pretty impressive, especially since I can use what I already have. 




I stamped the image on white card stock and put the die around it and ran it through my Cuttlebug.  When it came out I colored one with distress markers and the other with colored pencils.  I wasn't really sure what to color as hair or bows in the first lady and so with the second images I left a lot of what looked like feathers plain.  Actually I colored it with grey and white but you can't really tell in these photos.  We had a really overcast day when I took these so the flash was used, which doesn't work as well as sunlight. I think these would look good on a card, not really sure what I am gonna do with them.  There is a lot of white space around the image but that doesn't really bother me that much, I am thinking I may ink the edges.  Like I said with the Stamp2cut it's a more intricate cut, you don't have the white around the edges, but for the price this was a good alternative for me.

2 comments:

  1. Where did you buy those? I love them. They are so cute. I think I like the one colored with markers the best. I like the feather colored. It looks like roses on her hat but I guess you were saying they are bows? Also, I didn't even notice the white space until you pointed it out. I think your idea to ink the edges, is a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The blue under the hat I treated as a bow. I wasn't sure if it was suppose to be hair and I colored the red to make it look like a rose but again there was no definitive markings for a flower so I made one :o) I think I purchased it at Scrapbook.com.

    ReplyDelete