Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Foiled again

I keep looking at all these ideas on Pintrest and thinking: "Wow, that's cool, I think I could do that."  Then I move on to the next "Pin".  Well While hubby was working an off duty gig, I decided to play with his foil tape we used on the duct for our kitchen vent.  I combined a few of the ideas and this is what I came up with.







I put foil tape on card stock and ran it through my Cuttlebug with this cool design, then I used alcohol inks to color it.  I used the different angles of the pictures because I wasn't sure which I liked better.  I think now that I have a bit of a grasp on the concept I might do better next time.  For instance overlapping the tape would be better because you can see the line where I just tried to meet the two edges up, but where I overlapped it you can't even tell thanks to the pressure it was under in the Cuttlebug. 
 
post signature

3 comments:

  1. Wow! That is pretty. First, I love the emboss design. Very detailed and pretty on it's own. Then adding the color made it absolutely beautiful. How did you apply the alcohol inks? Paint brush?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and I love your signature at the bottom of the post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kelsey helped me with the signature thing. We (I mean she) still hasn't figured out how to get my reply button to work again. As far as application of the ink, I first just squeezed some on then I used the felt on the wood applicator

    ReplyDelete