Thursday, February 7, 2013

Valentine's Day Cards

I tried a couple techniques with my Cuttlebug and then I moved on to something I knew I could do.  I know if I worked at it a little bit I could probably master this technique but I have not been motivated enough to do it, so here are the ones I did.

On this one I ran white card stock through my Cuttlebug and then ran my teal ink pad over the embossed image.  The paper was a bit tattered in some areas due to the deep impression the embossing folder left so those areas sucked up the ink.  When I tried to put some extra paper in the folder (as I have seen done in videos) it wouldn't go through my cuttlebug.


On this one I inked up the embossing folder but apparently not well enough as you can see there is more ink in more areas than others.

This is the front of my Valentine card the glittery hearts and the "I Love You" are stamped and embossed adn the "Happy Valentine's Day" is a rub-on and the birds and the deep red heart are stickers.


Here is the inside I used more stickers (the bird, envelopes, and heart) and rub-on's (adore and xoxo)
I plan on giving this to my husband.  Oddly enough he love this kinda thing.  Please leave questions or comments.


Here is another card.


post signature

2 comments:

  1. Love the peacocks. I don't think I have that folder. When I first saw your second attempt, I thought that you had sanded the card after you inked it. That is another method that I have seen to distress cards. I love the Valentine card. I'm glad you showed the inside of the card. Every time I see someone post a card, I always wonder what the inside looks like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I got that folder when I was in Virginia. I like how the ink sort of outlined the image, but I want to try it again so the lower spots get more ink.

    ReplyDelete