Sunday, March 3, 2013

Balloon Journal Page

Working on a journal page.  This is what I have so far. I am not sure I will get any farther than this.  I thought about putting a saying or something but I am at a loss for words.

Not exactly how I envisioned it  but it'll do pig, it'll do.  (Babe ref.)

The first thing I did was to gesso the entire page and let it dry completely.  I then took distress ink and used my blending tool to add different colors of blue to the page.  Starting with the lightest color and ending with the darkest color.  The colors were tumbled glass, faded jeans, stormy sky, and chipped sapphire.  Using various balloon stamps I stamped some directly on the page and others I stamped on white card stock and colored and cut them out.  I cut the clouds out of white card stock and used stormy sky on them so they would blend into the background a bit and not look so stark white. I used a tree line stamp and began stamping across the bottom of the page.  I masked one set of trees and stamped so it would look like more trees.  It didn't work as well as I would have liked.  I ended up having to add some tree limbs and a trunk or two with my distress marker (tea dye).  I used my blending tool again to add some tea dye to the "ground".  So there you have it.

1 comment:

  1. OM goodness, this is the second time I tried to post. I hit a wrong button and my whole message disappeared. I LOVE this page but I want the details. What did you use to do the clouds? I know you said you used a stencil but did you use acrylic paint? The balloons are perfect. I love the way you colored them. The way you did the background it looks like the sun is on the horizon. Beeeeeautiful! Great job!

    ReplyDelete