Friday, November 2, 2012

Art journal

Well it's a start.  I have "finished" my first art journal page and I can't say I am really that happy with it.  Oh well, just like everything else practice makes perfect. I have some that I've started and then I don't know what else to do with them.  I have been on Pintrest getting ideas but then I sit down with my supplies and my brain freezes.  I've even read tons of prompts and things to get you started.  I have been able to get started but then I stall, get frustrated and walk around in circles (literally).  So here is what I have so far.  I will start with the stalled page first.



I started this by putting different templates on this black page and spraying them with Dylusions ink.  I then took other templates and used gesso to add them hoping the colors would come through from the first design.  It worked with the large circle but not very well with the others.  I took my brush and painted gesso on some other areas and you can see the pink circles that bleed through.  This was what I was going for.  I will know better next time to stick with solid or less detailed stencils to get the result I want.  Since I wasn't really happy with how this went I just "played".


So here is my "finished" page. 
 Oops I spelled Rhyme wrong..Spelling was never my strong suit.

3 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh...I love it. I don't think I would have understood the method that you were talking about if I hadn't seen this. That is really cool. I'm guessing you used a pink spray for the stencils on the black paper? That had to be hard to see after you removed the stencil. And then putting the Gesso on makes it bleed through and gives it a shabby chic look. Love the lettering. Fantastic first attempt. And the top one is a great background. You could try some other methods and then use your punches and collage different shapes on it. Just an idea. Love, love, love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the positive response. It was hard to see but when you turn it to the light you can kinda see the images. I am going to try it again with solid white circles and see how it comes out. Maybe tomorrow.

      Delete
  2. I'm hoping that I will have some artistic inspiration tomorrow. I just didn't feel it tonight so I started reading a book. You will have to keep me posted...literally...with your work. Fun stuff.

    ReplyDelete