Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Wet, wash, repeat

I was working on an art journal page that I was really enjoying.  It was turning out the way I had envisioned it, and I took a picture of it before I continued.  Well...... I tried to write something on it and that's when it turned ugly.  I couldn't salvage it at all, I mean it turned to mud, so I threw it out. I am so glad that I took a picture of it before I ruined it.  I started over but was having a difficult time getting the desired result.  I was trying to copy the original and it wasn't going well.  When I finally finished I think the idea will come across but still not entirely pleased with the end result. 


Here was the first one that I really liked.  Explanation of the three rings to come....


So here is the finished product.  As you can see the rings are in different places now.  I wish I would have put the "B" in there where I put 'Cause.  I wasn't sure I was going to be able to fit all the words in.  Now the explanation of the rings.  My sister and I love to chat over a cup of coffee and do crafts together.  So the big rings represent me and her.  The faded ring at the bottom represents our other sister, Beth.  She died about 30 years ago and is never far from out thoughts.  This is dedicated to my sisters, Anne and Beth. 

No comments:

Post a Comment