Saturday, November 3, 2012

Learning Curve

Another attempt at an art journal page.  We shall see how this journey goes for me.  I am trying new techniques on this black paper.  I tried to use pens that said "Stands Out on Dark surfaces!"  It should then say: NOT!!!  I had several different types of pens to try so I am glad that some of them worked.  I don't know if it was the type of paper I used or not.  I will try them again on different dark paper and see how it goes.  The ones that worked well, were "Reminisce" gel pens and "American Craft" metalic marker.  The flowers I did with metalic gelatos and a stencil.


The large flower in the circle I did using "dylusions ink"  and the gesso technique I did in my previous post.

2 comments:

  1. I love the title"Learning Curve" Is the purple flower the Gelato stencil? I think that these would all work as layering for a background. In a background you don't want them dominant. Love the butterflies. I do have to say that I really like the flowers too. You are either too critical of yourself or you have a different vision for how you expected it to come out. IIIIII love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes the purple flower is the Gelato. I actually used the sponge applicator on that one instead of trying to get the Gelato to color over the stencil and then sponge it. I think that one came out the best because it didn't clump up the way the other ones did.

      Delete