Thursday, November 1, 2012

Dreaming of a new kitchen

I am going to post something I think is really fun.  We have been shopping for tile for our kids bathroom and when we went in one store we were overwhelmed by the selection.  We quickly found what we wanted (compared to the other stores we went to, this store was like comparing FAO Schwarz to Toys R Us).  We thought we would look around at some of the new products that are out and dream about fixing up our 70's home.  I had to post this backsplash tile that I am now obsessed over.  I thought it was "FUN" and different.  Who knows what will be out when we finally have money to re-do our kitchen.  But in the mean time I can look at this picture and imagine it in my kitchen.  Maybe I should print a bunch of pictures of it and paste them to my wall.  Just kidding.


We stopped by a granite place to so we could continue to torture ourselves and found a slab that we really liked. 



As you can see it looks a bit different.  The top two pictures are taken of a slab in the shade and the last picture was taken in direct sunlight.  The finish is called leather.  It is really cool.  The guy showed us a slab of the same material but with a high gloss finish and it was so different from this.  Some day...

2 comments:

  1. Haha,before I read anything I looked through the pictures and thought "oh, you must have tried some marbling techniques." The tile and the granite are both very pretty. I can see why you love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I almost didn't want to post it in case someone sees it and uses it. I hate being like everyone else... lol. I wish we could do our kitchen now. My cabinets are falling apart. It makes it hard to store things when the shelves keep breaking.

      Delete